In my mind I've been using the weight that popped up from a doctor's visit in early February. I know I lost weight between December and then (dude, 10 days in India has to count for something), but I never had an official number -- so I'm guessing I may actually be at 40 by 30. I lost 10 between February and March, but then kept yo-yo-ing until I began Weight Watchers in mid-October.
I seriously can't say enough about what doing WW through my work has done for me. Not only am I tracking my food, but I am staying motivated as heck to keep going to the gym almost every single day.
I have been mixing up my workouts too, so as to address all problem areas my body acquired over three years of neglect. In a current week I usually incorporate the following:
- Two spin classes (both at 6 AM)
- Three Couch to 5k workouts -- so much easier after purchasing the iPhone app. I just completed week 4 tonight.
- One CORE (abs) class
- One Bodyworks (conditioning) class
- One Yoga class -- try to make it to Invivo's free yoga Sundays
- Facebook messages and chats from friends and family who have successfully done Weight Watchers themselves
- Twitter encouragement from other Milwaukeeans, especially those in the #fitmke movement
- Blogs written by Milwaukee folks highlighting individuals and groups tackling fitness in fun and non-threatening ways -- and connecting Milwaukeeans with one another (The Beer Runner, Fit Milwaukee, Pain in the Park)
All I can say is watch out Milwaukee and watch out Europe! And THANK YOU to all of you who have been so supportive over the past two months!