Sunday, January 17, 2010

Goals!!! Met!!!




It's only January 17 and I have crossed two of my goals of my list:

1. I ran a 5k (the 2010 Samson Stomp). RAN. Not walked. Continuously moved my legs in a jogging motion for a full 3.1 miles. It may have taken me just a hair over 38 minutes, but I did it. I even feel I can do it again. And faster. I also got to enjoy my first post-race beer (above). Not a super great selection at the Milwaukee County Zoo, but I'll take a $2.50 Heineken.

2. I fit back into my YOWSA dress that I've been aiming for before I even seriously started my weight loss process. This dress signifies everything I loved about being young, single, and fancy-free. This dress also proves that I wasn't as thin as I thought I was back in those days. I still have a month or two left in what my friend Sam referred to as the "leaning process." Can't wait to see what kinds of dresses I can rock out then.

I am so grateful for the support I've gotten from EVERYONE for meeting my fitness goals. I owe extra thanks for Becky for coming out and running with me today too--thanks lady!!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent work. I feel like I could never run for 40 minutes. Ever. I try. But then I die at, like, 15 minutes. Way to rock the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's the picture in the dress???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items