Unfortunately, it's already spent about 10 different ways in my mind.
Fortunately, I can't complain because even if I don't make the shows, I have to credit this entertainment group for vastly improving the music scene in Milwaukee.
The only tickets I have so far, luckily, are for Animal Collective on May 19. I say "luckily" because that show sold out within a day!
Here's what's already on my "really want to see" list, with more shows being announced constantly:
- Antony & The Johnsons - Feb. 13
- Ben Kweller w/ the Watson Twins - Feb. 18
Drive-By Truckers - Feb. 25(Luckily I have plans this night for a FREE activity so I can skip without guilt)
- The Black Lips - Mar. 15
- Bonnie "Price" Billy - Mar. 18
- Brian Jonestown Massacre - Mar. 27
- Gaslight Anthem - Apr. 2 (this one wasn't on the radar until Craig said it should be, thanks buddy!)
- David Sedaris OR Alejandro Escovedo - Apr. 9
- Peter Bjorn and John w/ CHAIRLIFT - Apr. 22
- Neko Case w/ Crooked Fingers - Apr. 25
Woe is me, indeed.
That's why I suggest that the Pabst group start a frequent concert goer card. They already have an e-member program where you can get pre-sale information, but pretty much anyone can sign up. I would love if after you went to 5-10 shows you could start receiving discounts, or even 10 shows, one free or something along those lines.
A girl can dream!