Thursday, August 6, 2009

music madness: lollapalooza preview

I'm really looking forward to my weekend in Chicago at Lollapalooza. This will be my fourth Lolla (I only missed the '07 festival) and while the headliners aren't overly crazy, I'm stoked for many of the smaller acts.

Here's a preview of who I'm planning to catch. Asterisk is the first timers for me.

Friday

Saturday (and my lazy blogger kicks in here, because I HAVE to get to bed)
Sunday
  • Ra Ra Riot*
  • Bat For Lashes*
  • The Raveonettes
  • Gang Gang Dance*
  • Vampire Weekend - BLAAAAAKE'S GOT A NEW FACE!
  • Passion Pit*
  • Dan Auerbach (half-asterisk, as I've caught the Black Keys plenty o' times)
  • Lou Reed* - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Band of Horses
A huge thanks to my friends Heather & Sam for their hospitality this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I can pretty much guarantee that you will love Black Joe Lewis. I am pretty sure you will love Henry Clay People and Gaslight Anthem. I'm a little less sure of Robert Earl Keen though - we love him, but he's very, very much country, and is in fact mainstream country, at least if you're from Texas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items