Tuesday, September 30, 2008

october eve: a new month so let's throw so goals out there

The goals below are not for October (obviously there are things that would be impossible to do without violating the space/time continuum), but for the next year and beyond. I'm gonna figure out how to be all nifty and add them into my blog sidebar or somethin' but thought I would introduce them here. I will continue to add to them as well, so be prepared.

  • Volunteer at Growing Power -- I mentioned this organization in my last post and would like to go to the volunteer orientation the first Saturday morning I have free after the
  • Go to a Timber Rattlers Game in 2009 -- they are a Brewers farm team now and just a skip away in Appleton. Tubing and Baseball anyone?

  • Limit eating out to 1 lunch and 1 night per week, 1 night OR brunch per weekend -- this is one of the greatest areas where my spending starts spiraling. I'm determined to remedy that.

  • Limit buying cocktails to 1 per weeknight, 3 per weekend night -- another spending death trap. I think this is a reasonable goal. Cocktails does mean beer and wine as well. And note that it basically refers to going out and buying them. If I have a couple glasses of wine at home I don't think there's any harm there.

  • Create viable eat local plan -- I'm starting with my October plan to do one meal a day. We'll see where it goes from there.

  • Register to take GRE before December -- basically meaning, overcome fear of standardized tests

  • Post a blog (minimum) three days per week -- you'll be hearing a lot more from me

  • Obama campaign activity at least once per week through the election -- this is going to be tricky but I have to find/make the time. If a week goes by where I can't make it in, I'm going to make myself donate $5.

  • Read three books per month -- a reasonable goal and motivation to pay off my library fees

  • Attend one author talk per month -- Schwartz always has a ton, as do local universities. So do smaller bookstores. I'm sure I'll find something!

  • Attend one film at UWM Union Theatre a month -- they're free so this should be easy

  • Attend one art gallery show per month -- Quarterly gallery nights make it easy, but I'll have to get creative during the off-months.

  • Take one continuing ed class per semester -- this semester is pretty much shot, but starting in Winter 2009 I should be able to find something reasonable at UWM

  • Do one load of laundry per week -- you don't even know how this piles up

  • Clean one room in apartment COMPLETELY each week (make rotating chart) -- I need to start being a grown up and stop being a clutter freak

  • Write Final 12 hours in Milwaukee blog -- some of my goals are going to be inspired by things I see on other blogs. This one came from Amateur Gourmet

  • Go to one Urban Ecology Center program/event per month -- I'm a member, it's a fantastic organization, so why the heck not?

  • Utilize my memberships at the Milwaukee Art Museum and Discovery World at least once per month--even if it's just to pop in and look at a picture or pet a stingray for 10 minutes

  • Use my UPAF Smart Card at least FOUR times -- I earned it and need to check out a greater array of performing arts beyond the Rep and the Symphony.

  • Get back in a routine of going to the gym 2-3 times per week -- the WAC was the best birthday gift I could've received, now that it's chilly it's time to rededicate. I just need to get this cold out of my system so I can breathe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items