Tuesday, July 27, 2010

globetrotting: the dealio

I'm heading to Germany and Belgium on Saturday to see my oldest friend in Milwaukee get married to a German, visit with family friends, and spend some quality Meghan Time. I also anticipate having some excellent adventures, because that's how I roll.

Here are the highlights that I'm looking forward to:
  • Getting the tour of the "real Belgium" from actual Belgians
  • Beer Island! Seriously, there is a boat on the Rhine. It goes to an Island. On this Island, there is a Biergarten. You drink there until you're ready to go back.
  • Seeing my dear friend marry her Prince Charming in an actual castle. Even though I don't believe in romance for myself, it's nice to see it can happen to other people.
  • Doing nature-y stuff in the Black Forest, as well as eating Black Forest cake and looking at cuckoo clocks.
  • Meeting new friends from across the globe.
  • ??? - Putting myself out into the great unknown, satisfying my wanderlust, and letting the universe be my guide.

1 comment:

  1. So very excited for you. I know you're going to make the most of this trip. I hope you have an incredible time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items