Inspired by my lovely friend Catherine, I've decided to set 31 goals for myself to accomplish by my next birthday - January 11, 2012. Some are abstract, others are quite clear. With the exception of one, I've given myself no less than a monthly timeline on most. I'll dedicate around the 11th of each month to "check in" and see where I'm at.
1) Make at least one MAJOR change in my life.
2) Visit one of my five remaining states - Alaska, Arkansas, Mississipi, North Dakota, or Oklahoma.
3) Get something published.
4) Do 31 non-girl pushups in a row.
5) Change someone's life for the better (other than my own).
6) Work my way through the entire "Take Off In Italian" CD set I bought in 2003.
7) Digitize my CD collection.
8) Visit one or more family members apart from Christmas.
9) Take advantage of a crazy spontaneous opportunity.
10) Attempt another recipe out of "Mastering the Art of French Cooking"
11) See six different local bands live.
12) Read and review one non-fiction & one fiction book a month.
13) Contact an elected official, at some level, once a month about an issue that is important to me.
14) See and review at least one film per month.
15) Try one new recipe a month.
16) Try a new locally-owned restaurant each month.
17) Go to an art show or gallery once a month.
18) Dedicate one blog post a month to promoting a local business.
19) Dedicate one blog post a month to promoting a local non-profit.
20) Leave the county I live in at least once per month.
21) Write one album and one concert review a month.
22) Applaud bipartisan efforts in my social media forums at least four times.
23) Attend games of at least four different sports.
24) Go to at least four theatre performances.
25) Go vegetarian for 31 days.
26) Go for 31 days without consuming any soda.
27) Bike to / from work every single day for 31 days.
28) Go for one full week without consuming any alcohol.
29) Go for one full week without consuming any processed foods.
30) Have one week where I only consume foods made with locally-sourced ingredients.
31) Spend one-on-one time with a friend at least once a week.
I need to think about making a list like this for myself. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I want to admit to the number of THINGS I'd have to do at this point. Hint: I'm beating you by 5...
oooh girllll....your list o' goals is about to get even spicier! can't wait for this awesome year of your life...it's gonna be a great one!!ReplyDelete