Thursday, May 12, 2011

31 by 32 - May Check In

My monthly 31 by 32 progress report. The minutia of my life is somewhat recorded at Brew to Bay.

Here's my four months into 31 status report:

UPDATES



  • Try one new recipe a month. Nothing too exciting, but during my recent bout of mystery illness, I did figure out make a tasty sweet potato and sage mash, accompanied by wilted swiss chard with lemon & garlic, which lasted me a couple of days. 

  • Try a new [to me] locally-owned restaurant each month. Again, this is my life here. Winners for April include Isobune, Rosamunde Sausage, and Wexler’s (running out of time for links, you can use the Google). 
  • Dedicate one blog post a month to promoting a local business.
      I think I've done a good job giving shout outs at Brew to Bay, but could probably get more in-depth.
  • Dedicate one blog post a month to promoting a local non-profit. Lots of love for the film society this past month. Need to find a new project for May!
  • Leave the county I live in at least once per month.
    Two trips for me to Alameda County. Once to Oakland to Marley's and then to the incredibleness that's the Alameda Flea Market!
  • Write one album and one concert review a month.
    Total review fails for albums acquired. I mentioned Broken Social Scene and Movits!, but I need to get on the critical writing.
  • Bike to / from work every single day for 31 days. I totally have done this since I moved into my place in April. There's really no other way to GET to work. I'm really excited about having accomplished this goal. 
  • Go for one full week without consuming any alcohol. Phew! This is DONE. Would've preferred to have done without the mystery illness/drug cocktail, but I managed.
  • Spend one-on-one time with a friend at least once a week. Even as an invalid I was good at this :)

NO PROGRESS

  • Visit one of my five remaining states - Alaska, Arkansas, Mississipi, North Dakota, or Oklahoma.
  • Get something published.
  • Do 31 non-girl pushups in a row.
  • Work my way through the entire "Take Off In Italian" CD set I bought in 2003.
  • Visit one or more family members apart from Christmas.
  • Attempt another recipe out of "Mastering the Art of French Cooking"
  • Contact an elected official, at some level, once a month about an issue that is important to me (I can’t actively recall doing anything in April - BAD MEGHAN).
  • Go to an art show or gallery once a month. I’m spoiled by there being art EVERYWHERE, so I need to make a better effort!
  • Applaud bipartisan efforts in my social media forums at least four times. (still at 1/4)
  • Attend games of at least four different sports. (still at 1/4)
  • Go to at least four theatre performances. (still at 3/4)
  • Go vegetarian for 31 days.
  • Go for 31 days without consuming any soda. 
  • Go for one full week without consuming any processed foods. 
  • Have one week where I only consume foods made with locally-sourced ingredients. 
PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED:
1) Make at least one MAJOR change in my life.

5) Change someone's life for the better (other than my own).
7) Digitize my CD collection.
9) Take advantage of a crazy spontaneous opportunity


SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT 
I am hardcore fundraising for my Team Challenge training. I’m financially on the hook to raise $2700 to fight Crohn’s and Colitis and I’ve had friends believe in me $800 of the way. I have a goal of finding 150 people to support me with $13.10 by July 17. Any ideas of how to do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items