Sunday, April 27, 2008

tapas party

Unfortunately blogger's photo app is not cooperating with me at the moment, so I will refrain from posting more photos and describe my evening last night.

Jason and Larissa decided to co-host a Saturday night tapas party and it was delicious. I ended up going overboard with my dishes to pass and in addition to making humanitarian garlic shrimp (amazingly when you have to peel and devein shrimp yourself they cost MORE...but hey, at least getting wild Gulf of Mexico shrimp, I did not kill any Thai children), I made an egg bake, buffalo celery sticks, and goat cheese toasts with mango chutney.

There was loads of sangria at the fĂȘte courtesy of Jason and Adam, as well as an amazing chicken paella made by Jason, potatoes brava from Ben, green beans from Lars and a delicious strawberry cake that Bridgit found at Metro Market.

Jason's friends Sara(h) and Glen(n) also joined in on the fun.

It really was a fun party, and totally one of those "oh hey, I am a grown up" experiences. I drank a wee bit too much sangria and red wine though, and then thought it would be a good idea to go to Buckley's with Adam on the way home for some Trois Pistoles.

Too bad sangria doesn't magically wear off overnight though, as it was not a fun morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items