Tuesday, April 13, 2010

art attack: spring gallery night

This Friday is one of my favorite nights of the year -- SPRING GALLERY NIGHT!

I don't just support the performing arts in Milwaukee, but the visual arts as well.

It's looking like it should be relatively warm too, so what better to do than put on some stunning spring fashion and wander aimlessly looking at amazing local art?

I spent part of my weekend and evening last night perusing art listings and made a killer interactive map for you all to track me on Friday night and meet up. Lots of wonderful events going on throughout the city, so feel free to meet up at any point.

If you click on any marker on the map you'll get the details on that stop and what time my entourage (or just me) should be there.


View Spring Gallery Night in a larger map

Or click the link below:

In plain, non-interactive, English he stops are as follows:
5:30 P.M. - INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL - WATER & KILBOURN
6:15 P.M. - THE PARACHUTE PROJECT - 10TH & HIGHLAND
7:15 P.M. - HGA ARCHITECTS/WHA FUNDRAISER - 333 E. ERIE ST.
8:00 P.M. - CORCORAN LOFTS - 444 E. CORCORAN ST.
8:40 P.M. - CEDAR GALLERY - 326 N. WATER ST.
9:15 P.M. - CUVEE - 177 N. BROADWAY ST.
10 P.M. - STACK'D BURGER BAR - 170 S. 1ST ST.
10:30 P.M. - LIVE ARTISTS STUDIO - 228 S. 1ST ST. #302 - $5 (TOWARD THE WATER INSTITUTE)
11:30 P.M. - MOCT - 240 E. PITTSBURGH ST.

I plan on biking to the first couple spots and then parking my bike in the Third Ward, so feel free to join me on two wheels initially if you want.

Speaking of transportation, no appeal from me would be complete without reminding you to PLEASE call your legislators in Madison and tell them to GET MOVING and get the RTA legislation passed before the session ends on April 22. To find your reps go to: http://www.legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/waml/waml.aspx. Please call and/or email BOTH your rep and your senator to tell them you support the RTA and dedicated funding for transit in Milwaukee.

AAAAAAAAAND, to bring it all back to art...if this bill actually passes and transit in Milwaukee is saved I have vowed to get the new RTA logo tattooed on my body.

So please come join me for art, fashion, cocktails, biking, transit talk and awesomeness this FRIDAY NIGHT!

1 comment:

  1. We didn't get a chance to make it over to Gallery Night. How was it??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items