Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello 2011!

Hard to stick to blogging resolutions when your roadrunner is out and you have to type on your iPhone. But I wanted to wish everyone a safe, healthy, and happy new year.

The past 24 hours have been nothing short of bizarre. Our group experienced a very traumatic event last night, which is affecting each of us in different ways. (I will write more about that when I have a keyboard). My reaction to the event has been "carpe diem." I am opening myself up to new challenges and opportunities this year and eschewing sticking with the status quo. Essentially, if I fell off a balcony tomorrow---would I be regretting that I didn't spend more time with a friend because I had to go to a networking event? Would I be sad I didn't travel to meet up with family because I was blowing money on another music festival? Would I be kicking myself for not having a great adventure because I had to get up early?

In 2010 I made huge leaps in "finding myself," now I need to focus on making sure I "find" the wonderful people who are already in my life and stay open to connecting with the incredible ones I've yet to meet.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items