Sunday, January 2, 2011

rolling out the resolutions: finance and fitness

New Year's Resolutions are not the "be all end all" for me, but I certainly do make them.

This year, thanks to my love of Google Docs, I've created an accountability spreadsheet so I can keep better track of my personal progress. I don't beat myself up over failure, and allow myself plenty of re-dos. I have several categories as well, so maybe I'll suck at financial (as always), but rock at fitness/health.

There are definitely two types of resolutions: Restrictions and Accomplishments. I include both. I try to shy away from restrictions as those certainly get you to resent the resolution sooner.

While my resolutions are a work in progress (and my birthday is January 11, so I can add a whole new set then!)...here are the ones I feel comfortable sharing with the blogosphere in two of my categories. Please feel free to share your feedback!

Financial:
  • No purchasing concert tickets to bands I've already seen, no matter how awesome they are. (If you'd like to give me a Decemeberists ticket I'll be in your debt forever).
  • No more than one paid fitness event per month.
  • Refrain from using credit cards, except on travel and technology.
  • Pay off one credit card this year.
  • Put 1/2 of what's left at end of pay period toward CCs.
  • Don't make any life-changing decisions without a way to finance them.
Fitness/Health:
  • Run a 10k in under an hour
  • Have a #streak of some sort each month
  • Run two half marathons
  • Maintain current weight
  • Go to Yoga once per week
  • Swim once per week
  • Take one hike a month
  • Do a minimum of 10 pushups and 10 situps each day
  • For every glass of alcohol consumed, consume one glass of water
What are your resolutions for finances and fitness?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items