This year, thanks to my love of Google Docs, I've created an accountability spreadsheet so I can keep better track of my personal progress. I don't beat myself up over failure, and allow myself plenty of re-dos. I have several categories as well, so maybe I'll suck at financial (as always), but rock at fitness/health.
There are definitely two types of resolutions: Restrictions and Accomplishments. I include both. I try to shy away from restrictions as those certainly get you to resent the resolution sooner.
While my resolutions are a work in progress (and my birthday is January 11, so I can add a whole new set then!)...here are the ones I feel comfortable sharing with the blogosphere in two of my categories. Please feel free to share your feedback!
- No purchasing concert tickets to bands I've already seen, no matter how awesome they are. (If you'd like to give me a Decemeberists ticket I'll be in your debt forever).
- No more than one paid fitness event per month.
- Refrain from using credit cards, except on travel and technology.
- Pay off one credit card this year.
- Put 1/2 of what's left at end of pay period toward CCs.
- Don't make any life-changing decisions without a way to finance them.
- Run a 10k in under an hour
- Have a #streak of some sort each month
- Run two half marathons
- Maintain current weight
- Go to Yoga once per week
- Swim once per week
- Take one hike a month
- Do a minimum of 10 pushups and 10 situps each day
- For every glass of alcohol consumed, consume one glass of water