Sunday, January 16, 2011

meghan's munchies: saturday shut-in yummies



So I used to do this blog series called "Monday Munchies" and it kinda got me in the local food blogger scene. But then I started focusing on other things, and it was abandoned. My kitchen isn't fully abandoned though, and while I haven't recently undertaken any monumental tasks, sometimes I do make things that are just darn tasty.

Yesterday morning was one such occasion. I had decided that I was going to have an alarm free Saturday, and then do nothing but get my apartment in order until the Packers game. I was hungry, however, and since there's no breakfast delivery, decided to scrape together something.

I had local eggs and butter and some veggies from the new Glorioso's, plus other odds & ends...there's a start...

Luckily, my something turned out to be delicious. And simple.

Tomato & Arugula Omelette (for one)
2 eggs
splash of milk
1 tsp local, Amish butter available at Milwaukee County Winter Farmer's Market (to grease pan)
1/4 cup diced tomato
1/4 cup chopped arugula
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp Pleasant Ridge Reserve cheese

Scramble eggs & milk in a bowl. Add mixture to greased frying pan on medium heat. Wait until bottom is firm, add veggies and cheese. Cook another minute or two. Flip omelette. Wait until it's cooked through. Eat.

On the side I had toast made from Natural Ovens multigrain, topped with the aforementioned Amish butter and Heizenrader Estates Honey (my brother's girlfriend's mom has an apiary in their backyard in Tacoma, Washington).

Yum.

Oh, and for lunch I dug some kale out of the freezer and enjoyed in over some pasta after sauteeing in butter and garlic.

AND I got my apartment in presentable order.

THEN the Packers handily won.

Saturday was a pretty good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items