Wednesday, October 1, 2008

eatlocalchallenge: day 1

As you may recall, I pledged to eat one local meal per day for the next month as part of the nationwide Eat Local Challenge.

This project has many goals including reducing carbon emissions for food travel as well as supporting your local agricultural economy.

Unfortunately my first meal only supported the former goal. I used organic eggs from Lake Mills, WI but they do come from a large producer, so who knows how "organic" they are. I also used milk that's from a large dairy, but the local distributor is in Cedarburg, so at least it didn't travel farm.

Oh, in case you're curious I had scrambled eggs for my breakfast.

The good news was they were just the right amount of fluffy!

I anticipate having a nice local dinner tomorrow night though, thanks to my weekly CSA delivery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items