Tuesday, July 21, 2009

milwaukee props: Great Milwaukee Weekend on Tap!

I know it's only Tuesday, but with my blogging record lately I thought I'd get this out now. This is a JAM-PACKED weekend coming up and I wanted to highlight some of it in this space.

Thursday! Young Nonprofit Professionals-Greater Milwaukee Chapter (of which I am Marketing Co-Chair), is hosting a screening of the documentary PROMISE OF AMERICA. The event is in Kadish Park (900 block of E North Ave) from 7:00-9:45 PM. More info here: http://ynpn-milwaukee.org/

Friday! It's Gallery Night folks. I'll be hitting up some spots in the downtown/3W area (let me know if you wanna join) before heading to Turner Hall for the hottest show of the summer - The Kings Go Forth CD release party. This is a guaranteed good time. Only $10 too! Come get your groove on. http://turnerhallballroom.org/kingsgoforth Oh and if you come to the show you get a commemorative Summer of Meghan souvenir.

Saturday! One of my favorite events of the summer, the Milwaukee Artists Marketplace, is from 10-5 today. I'll probably head over around noon (following my requisite East Town Farmer's Market visit). A great opportunity to pick up local art for really reasonable prices. http://www.mam.org/calendar/events/index.php?com=detail&eID=868&year=2009&month=07. Afterward I'll stop over by the Brady Street Cheese Fest, then home.

I know there's a lot more going on, but I do have some housekeeping that needs to get done, including an extra special surprise that I'll reveal after Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items