Wednesday, April 7, 2010

milwaukee props: milwaukee a top biking city!

OnMilwaukee.com reported today that our very own Milwaukee was ranked in the top 25 bike-friendly cities by Bicycling magazine.

This warms my heart on this dreary day (of course my perma-gray hometown of Portland is #2 on the list), as it shows that there really is a growing biking community out there on the roads of Milwaukee.

It also has inspired me to BYOB (bring your own bike) to the FUEL Milwaukee Healthy & Green Team's meet up tomorrow at the Urban Ecology Center. We're going to learn about this great sustainability-focused non-profit, which is one of the many puzzle pieces to getting people active and biking in the community.

And as always, don't forget I've begun my fundraising quest for the Miller Lite Ride for the Arts. Want to get a headstart on supporting me? You can do so by donating online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items