Monday, October 13, 2008

monday munchies: fall harvest

I'm testing out the idea of themes in my little blogsphere, we'll see if it works.

Pictures are still forthcoming, but here's an update on the culinary creations I've cooked up in the past few days.

- Red Bell Pepper stuffed with ground turkey, spinach, red onion, garlic, tomato and bleu cheese (all but garlic and turkey confirmed as locally produced). My own recipe, I cooked the turkey IN the pepper, instead of browning beforehand, so it took longer, but was twice as flavorful

- Broccoli, Leek, Potato and Spinach Soup, all local ingredients with the exception of the chicken broth

- Whole Wheat Bread from scratch. I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it, and you know what? It was SUPER RIDICULOUSLY easy. I just followed a recipe from the good ol' Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook

I still have a peck of apples to get through. Apple Crisp is definitely in my future. I also have a beautiful eggplant I scooped at the farmer's market on Saturday. I see that roasting in some olive oil with my leftover golden tomato. I also may be trying a recipe for braised cabbage. Still have more corn (probably will freeze this week's batch as well), lots of carrots (including golden), broccoli, potatoes, etc. Gotta love harvest season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items