Monday, June 22, 2009

music madness: summerfest on the horizon

Happy Summerfest Week!
 
I'm limiting myself to Big Gigness this year, but have picked three nights to go.  Here are the nights and shows I'm planning on:
 
Thursday, June 25: 8 PM: Meat Puppets (US Cellular Stage) & 10 PM: Conor Oberst & The Mystic Valley Band (Briggs & Stratton Big Backyard Stage)
 
Monday, June 29: 9 PM: Heart (M&I Classic Rock Stage) & 10 PM: Spoon (Harley-Davidson Roadhouse)
 
Sunday, July 5: 8 PM: English Beat (who I HIGHLY RECOMMEND) (Miller Oasis) & 9 PM (actually after English Beat for me): Elvis Costello & The Imposters (M&I Classic Rock Stage)
 
Sunday is free from noon to 3 thanks to WE Energies, so I'll probably hang out there early. However, I'm open to getting a line on free tickets to cover my other two days if anyone is not using theirs. :)
 
Another show of note during the Summerfest run of course is Indie-Pendents Day a FREE show in Bay View featuring Stephen Malkmus on July 4. You can bet your sparklers I'll be there! Thank you PBR!
 
If you want to kick off your music week early, please join me and the FUEL Milwaukee Healthy & Green Team at Chill on the Hill in Bay View tomorrow, June 23. More information is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items