Monday, February 23, 2009

girl on film: nyc teen romance edition

It just so happened that my Netflix queue spit up back-to-back "coming of age" flicks centering around music and teens in New York City to my mailbox on Saturday.

I'll keep this short, but DO watch The Wackness and NEVER watch Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist.

The former will make an indie-rock loving gal like myself love mid-'90s hip-hop and the latter will make me HATE my music choices du jour.

I also am really grateful I went to high school in the 1990s. If kids today are really that grotesquely sexual as in Nick & Norah (even though The Wackness was more sexually candid) I fear for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items