Monday, February 2, 2009

monday munchies: returning to the oven

Yesterday I baked Tropical Lime Bars as soon as I dragged myself out of bed. I realized I missed my oven.

Tonight I still had some acorn squash leftover from my long-gone CSA , so I found a recipe online for easy Baked Acorn Squash Rings. Because I have to be different, I experimented with one of the two batches. After I flipped the squash mid-bake, I coated one tray with bleu cheese (Carr Valley Billy Blue - goat milk blue) and a dollop of cranberry sauce between each ring. The result was super rich and I think I should have let up on the very pungent cheese. The plain rings went down much easier, but not to say the bleucran ones were a bust.

Here is my dinner:

From Cooking with Meghan


And because there were leftovers, here is my dessert:

From Cooking with Meghan


And because we haven't had a naughty food pic in awhile, here's the garnish from my Bloody Mary on Saturday at Hooligans:

From Dining Out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items