Tuesday, June 15, 2010

what i'm looking forward to this week

Summer has officially begun in Milwaukee, so I've taken advantage of three "rest days" at the beginning of the week to get my life and apartment in order before insanity begins.

Thursday
Becky and I's Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Share from Rare Earth Farm starts! Looking forward to hopefully enlightening you all with the return of Monday Munchies detailing what I do with my bounty.

After picking up said veggies, it'll be my first trip down to Alterra on the Lake's Musica del Lago series. We have a solid group going for De La Buena. Hopefully the weather will be lovely.

Friday

I will be celebrating a dear friend's birthday, but beforehand I hope to swing by Taylor's to celebrate the birthday of UrbanMilwaukee.com. I doubt I'll make it to the screening of Rad at the Bike-In Movie, but you should go if you can!

Saturday
In the spirit of keeping an attitude of gratitude, I will not bemoan the fact that I'm missing 1,000 other events in Milwaukee (including participating in the Great Milwaukee Race with my friends) because I'll be working at the Juneteenth Day Parade & Celebration. Actually, you should pop by and check it out.

Provided I'm not totally exhausted after, I'll be heading over to the The Brenner Beer Tasting at the Parachute Project on 27th & Wells. I went to the first Parachute Project event on Gallery Night and it's definitely worth checking out. I'm a big fan of the "pop up gallery" concept and using abandoned urban spaces for art's sake. Check this one out if you can.

I'll likely end the evening at the Summer Soulstice on North Avenue, another Milwaukee summer tradition.

Sunday
Anyone want to be my brunch buddy on Sunday morning? I have signed up to write a guest blog for the fantastic Milwaukee Brunch Reviews this summer and would like to hit up Buckley's this weekend. Afterward, I plan to hit the Lakefront Festival of the Arts, swing into see the AIDS Quilt at the Milwaukee Art Musuem, and probably pop over to Polish Fest.

***
How can you be bored in this town? What are your plans for the weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Whew! I'm tired just reading it! We've got a family camping trip planned for this weekend. Right now Ally's main concern is at exactly what point will I permit her to tear into the bag of Doritos I let her pick out at the store yesterday;). Have a good one Meg!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items