Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Milawesome Volume 2: Stuff the Bus



Even though it means getting up at the literal crack of dawn, I'm very fortunate each year to be able to participate in the annual Stuff the Bus event for Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin.

If you've never stopped down to the Pick 'N Save on 111th & Greenfield in 'Stallis on the day before Thanksgiving, I highly recommend it. Even though, I was formerly against Christmas music before Thanksgiving, I make the exception as the holiday cheer that 99.1 The Mix pumps into the parking lot all day is contagious. Said cheer is of course helped by the generosity of the community. People drive from homes and office parks from all over the metro region to donate. My workplace did a food drive this year and I have to say after collecting it today for tomorrow's delivery, I'm so proud of the selflessness of my co-workers!

Bus stuffers get an extra bonus treat tomorrow, as the Milwaukee County Transit System unveils its new community-created bus design at 7 a.m.

If you can't physically make it to the event you can donate online to help make a difference for area families this Thanksgiving.

If you want to pretend that you're there all day like me, you can follow these participants on Twitter:

I'll be there from 6 a.m. to about 3 p.m., stuffing away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items