Sunday, February 21, 2010

becoming underinvolved?

As many of you know, or have surmised, I spent the bulk of my 20s getting really involved in the community. I also spent the bulk of my late-20s packing on the pounds while not taking much time for myself.

As I continue to try and lose my last 20 pounds, I also scramble to meet all of my volunteer commitments. It's a delicate balance and sometimes I feel like I'm letting people down.

Does anyone have some tips for becoming less involved? Or balancing self-time with community time?

1 comment:

  1. Pick one or two things you really like, and stick with those. If you've helped establish a group that's now a well-oiled machine, it may be time to step back and let the new generation take over. Or, consider waiting for people to ask things of you instead of volunteering for everything that sounds fun - it's quite fascinating to see what others view as your strengths, and may open your eyes to awesome experiences that you might not have otherwise had time for.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items