Tuesday, February 16, 2010

lenting it up: resolutions

There's something a little bit more stomachable with Lenten resolutions vs. New Year's. A mere 40 days doesn't have the permanency that a year does. Easter is just right around the corner, and then you can indulge until next year. That's what Jesus taught us, right?

At any rate, here are three things I would like to focus on this Lent:

1) No chocolate for 40 days. Yes, it's going to be hard. But I feel like chocolate is keeping me in this mini-plateau that I've been battling for the past couple weeks. I'm losing weight still, but slooooowly. Not snacking in the candy bowl should help with that. And what better way to see me out than homemade eclairs from Brooke & Craig? Mmmm.

2) No credit card purchases, except for emergencies. Hopefully no emergencies arise. I just paid off one credit card with my tax return and am hoping to make dents in others this year. I am sticking within my budget, or bust!

3) Doing one nice thing a day. It's important to remember that Lent isn't just focusing on the negative. If you're Christian, it's about reflecting on what Christ did for us. My version of Christ is the ever-loving, tolerant one. So in that spirit, I'd like to do something nice for either friends or strangers every day during Lent. Whether it's sending a gift or leaving a Facebook comment or just a smile on the street, it never hurts to act kindly.

What are you doing for Lent this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items