Once again, the folks over at the Pabst Theater Group have outdone themselves by getting a crapload of ridiculously national acts.
Here's what I already have tickets for:
- March 6: The Avett Brothers with The Low Anthem
- March 19: The Big Pink & A Place to Bury Strangers (This is a $10 show that everyone should go to. I think this was the best album that nobody heard of last year.)
- April 3: Passion Pit
- April 11: Girls with Dum Dum Girls
- April 21: FLAMING LIPS (oohhhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhhh)
- May 9: Frightened Rabbit
- May 22: Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings
Here's what I'll probably end up going to as well:
- March 3: The English Beat & Fishbone
- March 22: Temper Trap
- April 4: David Bazan
- May 3: Apples in Stereo
- May 24: Midlake
On the concert festival front, I can only make it to Pitchfork this year and that's just fine with me! Why? Because for my $98 three-day pass I will be seeing:
- Modest Mouse (for the first time since December 2000)
- LCD SOUNDSYSTEM
Of course, don't forget my #mkemusic challenge. Though I've hit my February slot by catching Conrad Plymouth last weekend at the MuzzleOfBees.com 5th Anniversary Show at Cactus Club, I am definitely not going to miss seeing a bunch of local acts at the RadioMilwaukee Music Awards Party this Thursday at Whiskey Bar (it's a block from my house, I can't miss out).
And speaking of local radio stations, don't forget to mark your calendars for WMSE's Rockabilly Chili Contest on March 7. It's one of my most favorite days of the year!
What musical goodness is coming up on your calendar?