Saturday, February 20, 2010

in the kitchen: frozen veggies to the rescue




I've been meaning to make carrot ginger soup forever. I bought carrots a few weeks ago for the occasion. Well, I never got around to it until tonight. And the carrots were bad. D'oh. I decided to scrounge in my freezer for SOMETHING to make, when what did I find? CARROTS! Frozen in August. Perfect for making the soup with.

I can't praise learning food preservation enough--put it on your list for next summer. You never know when it may surprise and relieve you on a February night.

Oh, and the soup was delicious.

Have you been rescued by the freezer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items