Tuesday, April 21, 2009

monday munchies: don't try this at home

I do know it's Tuesday. I realized that many of my "Monday Munchies" posts on here might make me out to be an alright chef. Well, sometimes I fail. Sunday's soup attempt being one of them. I tried to make Garlicky Legume Soup out of my 400 Soups book and it was an absolute failure.

It tasted like barf.

I think this may be because I made it in the crockpot and the onions cooked for too long.

I tried to salvage it this morning by blending it and adding some more herbs and sour cream.

It tasted like baby barf.

I had no choice but to toss it.

Luckily I have leftover bar food from last night's TweetUp.

Man, I can't wait for my CSA to begin!

What is your cooking horror story?

1 comment:

  1. I once baked a cake using very old vegetable oil. It was horrible.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items