Tuesday, February 24, 2009

30 by 30: Couch to 5K

After having several friends talk up the ease of the Couch to 5k Running Program, I decided to try it for myself. I'm now in Week 2, and kind of enjoying it.

A couple of weeks ago I went to InStep in the Third Ward (also at the recommendation of several friends), and bought fancy new running shoes. I actually don't know if I've ever owned ACTUAL running shoes before. Definitely cross-trainers and basketball shoes, but this may be a new journey for me completely. The nice thing about running shoes is that my feet no longer kill when I run. So it's not that terrible.

I also bought a heart rate monitor to help me track my progress.

Well, I'm only on the second week, so it's not awful yet. The treadmills at the WAC are different than going outside too, I suppose.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

If anyone has tips, please leave them in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items