1. What the hell happened to the building next door to my apartment? I believe the address would be something like 802 N. Van Buren.
View Larger Map
Anyway, it's that Cream City Brick building in the street view. I came home from work today and noticed that there's caution tape around the entrance, the stairs have collapsed and a big KEEP OUT sign was posted on the door. WTF? The lights are off over there tonight and we never could quite figure out what the building was, other than perhaps a rooming house for MSOE. At any rate, if you have any idea what is going on, leave a note in the comments please.
2. What's up with Riverwest Commons? There's a big sign on the outside that read's Saylece's? More of a mystery: How do you pronounce that? Vague message on MySpace page that says it's no longer a music club. What happened?
Riverwest Commons NOT around the corner?
3. Is this really what's left of the sinkhole? Really? I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping for a weird glow.
4. What is this amazing building along the westside of the river just north of the Locust Street bridge? I've always wondered and got a good shot off on Saturday.
5. Why is there a lone, beat up East Town sign in front of the Newsroom Pub?
Again, if you have answers (or conspiracy theories) to any or all of these Milwaukee Mysteries, please leave your comments below.