Tuesday, March 10, 2009

thankful tuesdays: economy edition

People are excited about the Dow closing up today. I guess I am too, if that's what it takes to get the nation out of funk.

No, in all seriousness, I'm so thankful to have not just a job, but more-or-less my dream job, right now. I'm thankful to be working in an emerging industry. I'm thankful not to be at my former employers any more, not just because I was seriously unhappy, but because both of them have experienced layoffs.

I'm thankful that I live in Milwaukee where thanks to the seismic industry shifts this place has experienced over the years, there's not a stigma to being unemployed. There's also an innate thriftiness to the culture and your dollar lasts longer here.

I'm thankful that I have the support of wonderful friends and family.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items