Tuesday, March 3, 2009

thankful tuesdays: 30 by 30: 1/3 there

I guess my dedication to Couch to 5k and home cooking is paying off. I went to the doctor today and found out I've lost 10 pounds since I was there last month for my illness of doom.

I kind of hit the "reset" button on my life in 2009 and I'm glad that I'm taking it in a positive direction.

I am really thankful that I've been able to stay focused and motivate myself to go to the gym and moderate my junk food and booze intake. I'm really thankful for my friends who have been supportive of my efforts and my mom who has set me up with all the appliances I need for success. Special thanks to Becky who will be my CSA buddy this year and to Lars who is my virtual gym buddy.

Speaking of CSAs! If you want to be thankful for them this summer (and trust me you will be), check this out:

Saturday, March 7 from noon to 4 p.m.
Urban Ecology Center CSA and Local Food Open House
I'm already signed up for a veggie share from Rare Earth again this year, but I'm curious to check out fruit, meat, flower and dairy shares they've added. I'll be heading over there around 1 p.m. on Saturday if anyone wants to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items