Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"hope over fear"

Apparently not for these people who have been so whipped into a fervor over obscure Bible passages that they reject the main teachings of Jesus. I really hope they fade away in this new era.



As much as I cheered for the Brewers to beat the Phillies in the MLB playoffs, I can't help but have a major internet crush on the Phillies fan at the end of this short film. I actually am extremely impressed by all of the people who stood up to these haters. And the positive message at the end gives me extreme hope.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, didn't you get the memo? God hates fags. And America. And apparently he lied about loving everyone no matter what.

    ::shaking my hed::

    Yeah. The rabid haters from Westboro embarrass me as someone who was originally from Kansas, but now is a proud Milwaukeean. I would love to use a Socratic dialog to entrap one of Fred Phelps' people in their own logic, but I fear what would happen when they became the prey in an ever-tightening logical trap. Spontaneous combustion or fission would probably result!

    Whenever someone tells me I'm going to hell, I smile real big and say "See you there!"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items