Thursday, January 29, 2009

music madness: the pabst theater is going to break the bank

Fortunately my parents/Santa did give me a $50 gift card to the Pabst/Turner/Riverside for Christmas.

Unfortunately, it's already spent about 10 different ways in my mind.

Fortunately, I can't complain because even if I don't make the shows, I have to credit this entertainment group for vastly improving the music scene in Milwaukee.

The only tickets I have so far, luckily, are for Animal Collective on May 19. I say "luckily" because that show sold out within a day!

Here's what's already on my "really want to see" list, with more shows being announced constantly:
And I saw a twitter rumor yesterday that Dan Deacon is about to be announced.

Woe is me, indeed.

That's why I suggest that the Pabst group start a frequent concert goer card. They already have an e-member program where you can get pre-sale information, but pretty much anyone can sign up. I would love if after you went to 5-10 shows you could start receiving discounts, or even 10 shows, one free or something along those lines.

A girl can dream!

1 comment:

  1. I never pay attention to who's coming to the Pabst, because it's too depressing that I can't afford tickets. I'd see Ben Kweller and David Sedaris in a heartbeat if I thought I could put off the WE Energies bill for a month (and get away with it).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items