Sunday, January 18, 2009

milwaukee props: beercession beercess!

Despite macrobreweries not doing so hot these days (take heed: you shouldn't leave Milwaukee), it seems my favorite local microbrewery, Lakefront Brewery, is rocking the sales these days.

That reminds me, I need to get down for an "infamous tour" sometime soon. It's been awhile. Perhaps since my brother was here. August? That's FAR too long. Oh wait! I was there for the Santa Cycle, but that did not involve a tour. Just drinking.

Not to say I haven't done my fair share of sampling Lakefront's wares. In fact, at my birthday party on Friday night at MAM After Dark, there was a beer tasting component. I tried Lakefront's Klitsch Pilsner and their seasonal Big Easy. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately as it was delicious!) because of the long line to get to the tasting part of the night, I'd made my way through one and a half Futhermore Make Weights before getting to the samples. I learned at their table that my drink contained almost 9% alcohol. Thus the samples were not appreciated for the fine craft that they were.

I do recall in the haze and chaos trying a couple of brews each from Great Lakes Brewery, Ale Asylum and Unibroue. I know there were more, but to give myself some credit the tasting portion of the event was really poorly organized. There was no flow and no one really seemed to know how it worked. Hopefully the art museum improves on this in the future, as it was a great idea!

For other beercess news, check out the Beer Runner's take on how Wisconsin suds will play into Madison's hosting of the cycling events in the 2016 Olympics.

Oh, and as a p.s., I completely blame my "research" for this blog entry as to why I did not complete any work on the Milwaukee Challenges this weekend. Whoops.

4 comments:

  1. Lakefront's New Grist is available at one of my favorite hangouts in Phoenix, The Lost Leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I was there too! I wish I could have seen the breakdancing (too crowded) sampled the beer (lines were too long) or done some DIY art (all the tables were taken). Great idea, poor execution. Maybe it was TOO successful. And thanks for the Beer Runner love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Research indeed. I also found it entertaining that an adsense for a Christian dating blog appeared on this post...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I didn't make it to the celebration! My happy hour ran about 3 hours longer than planned (tour of microbrews, indeed).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items