Friday, January 16, 2009

Resoluting: January

I'm ready to announce my first resolution for 2009.

Yes, I realize it's January 16th, but give me a slight break -- I was out of the country for the first 12 days of the year.

Instead of making a long list of things I will break at the beginning of the year, I'm taking a baby steps approach and adding on one resolution each month. By the end of the year I should have 12 resolutions that I'm keeping.

January's resolution may sound simple, but it's harder than you think. I was spoiled with a dishwasher for a couple of years and about 18 months ago went back to the good ol' sink'n'scrubber. While I don't mind doing by hand, I also don't mind letting them pile up in the sink.

Thus, January's resolution is: Don't go to bed with dishes in the sink.

I'll be adding February's resolution in a more timely manner, promise.

Also, as you may recall I issued myself three Milwaukee Challenges toward the end of last year.

I realize to stay on track I need to start tackling some of those this weekend.

There's nothing better than killing two birds with one stone, right? For the library challenge, I am going to start with the East Side location and then head to Ss. Peter and Paul for their 5 p.m. mass to meet my "tour Milwaukee's churches" challenge.

As for the transit portion of the challenge, I think on Sunday I will tackle one of the routes out of the Downtown Transit Center to simplify the round-trip.

I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items