Tuesday, November 25, 2008

30 by 30: zumbavel

Okay, now that I've had a quick cry I can happily report that I did indeed make it to the gym right after work.

I was shooting for the 5 p.m. Zumba class, but unfortunately the instructor was ill and the sub was not "Zumba Certified." Yes, apparently it would've been illegal for him to teach Zumba.

So instead we did Interval. Interval may be a Circle of Hell that was left on the cutting room floor. But, yeah, yeah, it was good for me, I didn't die, etc.

I have to comment again about how wonderful the staff at the Wisconsin Athletic Club is. You really feel like it's a place where they care about your overall well-being and desire to get fit, versus how much you can bench, how good you look in sporty gear, etc. I clearly was not cut out for the Interval workout, but you really do feel okay just going at your own pace. I also ran into my old trainer who gave me a high five for kicking my own butt back in gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items