Sunday, November 30, 2008

sunday catch up: photo evidence

I do realize that photos are supposed to enhance, not follow, a blog, but since I wasn't able to share last weekend, here's a quick photographic journey through Becky and I's Pre-Thanksgiving Milwaukee Food Fest.

From Tourist in My Own Town
Once again, we began our day at the Fondy Farmers Market, which surprisingly had a lot of produce for the last day of the season.
From Tourist in My Own Town
We passed on the apples having just finished our take from last month's Elegant Farmer excursion.
From Tourist in My Own Town
From Tourist in My Own Town
From Tourist in My Own Town
Once again, the prices here were beyond reasonable. The average price for one of those bins or huge heads of produce was about $2-$4.
From Tourist in My Own Town

Our next stop was Outpost, I didn't take any photos of the inside of the store, but that's okay because it's worth it just to show you the name of the Auto Parts store next door.

From Tourist in My Own Town

I fix your truck Mofoco!

From Tourist in My Own Town

We then stopped at the new Good Harvest Market in the Third Ward. This place was definitely a little pricey, but it's nice to have a new option for organic food downtown. Also, I love grand openings because everything is so pretty.

From Tourist in My Own Town

After our dose of high class, it was off to 'Stallis and State Fair Park for the Holiday International Folk Fair.
From Tourist in My Own Town
Upon walking in we encountered some revolutionaries:
From Tourist in My Own Town
But quickly moved on to find the food. Nearly everyone selling food was stereotypically dressed.
From Tourist in My Own Town
Bavaria.
From Tourist in My Own Town
Funny word.
From Tourist in My Own Town
A revolutionary in a motor scooter. Handcrafted by Paul Revere?
From Tourist in My Own Town
Decorations at the Native American food stand.
From Tourist in My Own Town
Chinese.
From Tourist in My Own Town
The Great Danes.
From Tourist in My Own Town
Funnyhatland.
From Tourist in My Own Town
I actually just really love this shot. It's the back of one of the Native American dancers. I definitely feel the Native Americans were the least cheesy of the folks at the fair. They seemed there to actually take pride in their culture, versus just have an excuse to throw on the Leiderhosen.
From Tourist in My Own Town
For some reason there was a bonsai contest. Sure, why not?
From Tourist in My Own Town
From Tourist in My Own Town
And when I think International Cultures, I think ANIMAL PUPPET THEATER!
From Tourist in My Own Town
In comic sans no less!
From Tourist in My Own Town
There were plenty of non-plush animal entertainers at the event as well. Unfortunately the lighting in the Expo Center was pretty craptastic.
From Tourist in My Own Town
I think it was the poles that were selling "coffins."
From Tourist in My Own Town
We didn't eat one, for many reasons. Though I am curious as to how representative of traditional Polish culture they are if only 25 years old?
From Tourist in My Own Town
Besides, the beehives looked much more delicious, although we didn't eat. Instead we split this delight from Bavaria:
From Tourist in My Own Town
Yeah, that's right we dove into that bad boy before we took a picture. You're lucky you got one.

But honestly, what holiday or folk fair or office bridal shower is complete without one man?

From Tourist in My Own Town

Ben Flippin' Franklin!

See wasn't it worth the wait for the photos?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items