Monday, November 17, 2008

monday munchies: nice knowing you fresh produce

Exciting as it is that I sent in my 2009 CSA app to Rare Earth Farm today, it's saddening that I have picked up my last delivery for the season. We get one more next week and then a long, canned, frozen, and non-locally produced Winter.

But not until June will I see a scene like this on my counter:



From Cooking with Meghan



No more fresh spinach and radish salads (although there will always be mozzarella to top off):


From Cooking with Meghan


Goodbye Kale and Potato Gratin:



From Cooking with Meghan


Squash willing, I could have more Spicy Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash Soup, but likely not topped with fresh cilantro:


From Cooking with Meghan


Most of my winter meals will probably look more like this, thank goodness for frozen homemade pesto:



From Cooking with Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items