Saturday, November 1, 2008

midnight melamine musing

Man I'm glad I try to make conscious food decisions.

It's really scary what can happen when food is mass-produced with no one watching, or no one caring.

I was just out with a girlfriend and the topic of local eating came up. We discussed how buying even locally mass-produced food is better than getting it from God knows where.

While I'm pretty conscientious of my produce, dairy and limited meat selections, food crises like these make me realize I need to pay attention to my grains and snacks as well.

I really hope whoever our next president is takes global food issues seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items