Sunday, November 9, 2008

milwaukee props: coalition for advancing transit

I do want to give another shout out to the Coalition for Advancing Transit (CAT) a new group that spun off the Urban Economic Development Association (UEDA).

CAT doesn't appear to have it's own site yet, but they did hold a press conference last Thursday promoting the RTA vote that will happen tomorrow. (That's a vote for a Regional Transit Authority--currently each county in Southeastern Wisconsin does it's own thing--not exactly the best solution for a regional economic growth strategy).

Anyway, that event combined with the YES vote for transit funding warmed this gal's heart last week. Unfortunately I can't say much more. Yes, I do currently have my regular citizen's hat on and it is after 4:30 p.m. and before 8 a.m. and I'm using my own home computer, but one needs to be careful.

Those who don't have political constraints though--KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items