Sunday, November 9, 2008

daily inspiration: STUDENT athletes

I'll fully admit that my day didn't begin until about 3:45 p.m. following the Packers truly disappointing loss to the Minnesota Vikings. I grew up in a football household and boyfriend is a die-hard sports fan, so I find sports do impact part of my scheduling.

Did I get any gratification sitting on my arse for several hours today? When your team loses you feel like you just wasted a chunk of your afternoon. That may be why I was so inspired by this twitter post from Rachel Maddow (or her staff, you never know) regarding a STUDENT athlete at Florida State.

To summarize with the story highlights from the article:
  • Myron Rolle, who has a 3.75 GPA in pre-med, was named a Rhodes Scholar finalist

  • Rolle has to be in Birmingham on Nov. 22; FSU plays at Maryland on the same day

  • If the game is at night, FSU will petition the NCAA to fly him in for second half

Anyway, read the story it really will melt your jaded sportsy heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items