If you're a regular visitor to this blog, you've probably figured that out.
At the beginning of November I added Google Analytics to my blog so I could see what is interesting to my readers. One of the neat features of Google Analytics is the "map overlay" which shows you where your visitors are coming from. I think it's pretty groovy that I've gotten visits from a bevy of countries since the start of the month, but I like to take goals one small piece at a time.
Before I conquer the world I need to takeover America.
It's pushing myself pretty far, but I need to get visitors from 18 states by the end of the month. I could use your help! I'd like folks from the following places to become honorary Wisconsinites...even if it's just for one click through:
- Alaska. As long as it's not Sarah Palin trying to set up an interview. Although I am a "blogger in my pajamas." But not in my parents' basement. Ouch.
- Idaho. I think Wisconsin is #2 in potato production. You wanna throw down?
- Nevada. Las Vegas is a 24-hour city. Can you stop sinning for two seconds and take a quick peek at my blog?
- Montana. I have familial roots there. Of course the stories my grandma tells are from a time when Montanans didn't have electricity and rode horses to school. I'm sure they have the internet now though, right?
- Wyoming. Wy not?
- New Mexico. Albuquerque, I'm so hurt, I visited you so I could add a state to where I've physically visited this year. I know, I didn't blog about you. But that was when I was a blogging failure, I've changed. Look, here's even some pictures from my August trip to you:
One of your beautiful Farmer's Markets. From Albuquerque From Albuquerque
Yeah, yeah, enough with the bad jokes. The rest of the photos are here by the way.
- North Dakota. I know I haven't been to you, but it doesn't mean I'm not thinking about you.
- Oklahoma. Likewise. I'm a fan of your musical, if that helps.
- South Dakota. I recall liking the Badlands as a child. Oh, and that's one of my favorite songs, though I don't think it has anything to do with your state really.
- Indiana. What's up? Show some Midwest solidarity.
- Mississippi. Again, I'm sorry I haven't visited you yet. I promise you're on the list.
- West Virginia. Don't you want to beat those from "Real Virginia"?
- North Carolina. ELLEN!!!!
- Delaware. You're so tiny I almost didn't see that you slipped through.
- Rhode Island. Just as sneaky as Delaware apparently.
- Vermont. Too busy with that Phish reunion?
- New Hampshire. HEATHER!!!!
- Maine. Ouch. That really hurts. I was born within your borders. Can't you show me a little love?
If you are form one of these states: Thanks for stopping by! If you have a tip of what would be interest to get you to come back, please leave that in the comments!