Monday, November 3, 2008

monday munchies: eating butterflies

As you can probably tell, I've been a bit busy lately.

Glad I paid attention to the constant advice to save food, because my carrot soup came in handy at lunch Friday. And my pesto of a few weeks back has been put to plenty of use too.

Saturday evening I found some time between canvassing, cleaning up my garden and heading to the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra to have some fun in the kitchen. I made a delicious meal of cauliflower puree (it's sort of mash potatoey but with no carbs, my friend Jane has been raving about it for years), apple and butternut squash casserole, and cold chicken. The chicken was a nice find as I was boiling my leftover rotissiere chicken from earlier in the week for broth and a hidden pocket of meat floated to the top of the pot.

Admittedly the rest of the weekend and into this week I've been eating like crap. So much of it is nerves and the rest of it is time. Fortunately the Obama campaign feeds its volunteers well, but I have a feeling I won't be eating normally again until Thursday when hopefully my brain and stomach return to regularly scheduled programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items