Tuesday, November 11, 2008

thankful tuesdays: hasty edition

I have to hit the hay early tonight so here's a quick and easy seven thanks for the week:
  • Thank you again to our Veterans, especially the ones of the current wars who now I'm sure find themselves wondering what is going to happen.
  • Thank you to my friend Rob for using (and crediting) my American flag photo in his blog today
  • Thanks to my friends and family (Tonia, Kristen, Kaycee, Becky, Kevin and Mom) for being active readers and feedback-ers of this blog
  • Thanks to other members of the Wisconsin blog community for adding links to The Accidental Wisconsinite to your sites! Readers of this blog should definitely check out Between The Bars and Eat Wisconsin, two sites that graciously linked to mine without request. I have them in the Blogroll as well. If you're a Wisconsin blogger I'm not aware of, let me know! I'd love to check out your site.
  • Thank you to the committee members who voted to allow the Regional Transit Authority more, uh, authority on Monday. It's a nice baby step toward having both much-needed commuter rail and an integrated transportation strategy here in SE Wisconsin.
  • Thank you to my former co-workers, George, Michael and Megan, and their former co-worker, Erin, for getting together for a fun "marketing reunion" dinner this evening. It was great to catch up and as always see how much better we are doing now, not working at the Pit Of Despair.
  • Finally, it's been a week, but thank you again to the 65.9 million (by the last count I saw) people who cast a ballot for Barack Obama last Tuesday (or early). Thanks especially to those in states that flipped "blue." Thank you citizens of Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, part of Nebraska (!), Iowa, Indiana, Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina and Florida for believing in change!

1 comment:

  1. Oh hey! Thanks for the shout out! And no prob linking yours - I like your site. I'm always looking for new blogs to read.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items