Tuesday, December 16, 2008

daily inspiration: Operation NICE

Those that know me personally know I can be a bit, well, biting. I have a keen sense of wit and sometimes it doesn't come out in the kindest of ways. I am not a mean person, but I don't think when folks describe me that "nice" is one of the adjectives that comes to mind.

Thus, it may come as a bit of a surprise that one of my favorite blogs of the year is called Operation NICE. I first heard of this site through Broadway Paper's blog. It truly is inspirational for even the hardest of hearts. Started by a graphic designer in Philly, the blog basically encourages people to be nice to one another. Two of its great features are nice testimonials (a lot of great random acts of kindness) and nice assignments (encouraging the readers to go out and spread the love).

This week's assignment is pretty cool and an easy way for Scrooges like me to get started on the homework. All you have to do is leave a comment on what charity the blogger, Melissa, should donate too. Easy as pie!

Beyond doing that though, I highly recommend adding Operation Nice to your RSS feed. Even on your crummiest days it can bring a smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items