Sunday, December 14, 2008

30 by 30: yoga one-on-one

I lucked out at yoga class yesterday morning. No one else showed up, so I got a one-on-one lesson.

This ended up being extremely helpful as the instructor was able to watch and critique what I was doing in addition to going at my pace. She adjusted my posture at times and gave me the tip that during a plank, one's inner elbows should be facing each other. I really wish I'd known that earlier, as it made the dreaded plank much, much easier.

It's also amazing how in tune with the entire body yoga instructors are. Mine noticed that my left wrist  was "off" and asked if I was okay. I am perfectly fine, but this is the wrist I badly broke several years ago and had two surgeries on.

The yoga instructor also agreed with me on my opinion of the Pilates experience from earlier in the year.

As much as I enjoyed the personal attention, I hope this was just a fluke and they continue the Saturday morning class at the downtown WAC. It's the perfect time to do yoga -- detoxify from Friday and reenergize for the rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items