Thursday, December 4, 2008

WTFisconsin: economy kills indie record store

I literally just finished posting the great news about non-profit goals being met, when I checked my email and saw the sad and shocking news of a local institution, Atomic Records, being forced to close its doors.

I just want to give one big F--- YOU to George W. Bush.

That said, I'm reupping my pledge to only buy local this holiday season. I am definitely going to get up to Atomic before it closes, and hopefully for some holiday gifts. I encourage you to do the same.

The week of December 6 - 13 is the Official Buy Local, Live Local Days.

Also, if this Atomic Tragedy has taught us anything it's not to take purveyors of local music for granted.

1 comment:

  1. Ah why is this Bush's fault? Perhaps more the fault of the up coming mandatory paid sick day that will cost business millions and passed along to consumers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items