Monday, December 22, 2008

monday munchies: use it or lose it edition

As you may have gathered I'm going on two trips in two weeks. Needless to say, I have a lot of pantry-cleaning to do.

Tonight, after a meal of chicken fajitas, integrating tortillas, a potato and bell peppers that would otherwise go to waste, I hit the depths of my fridge and pantry. Awhile ago I bought some fresh cranberries that were begging to be used or tossed. They are currently baking in the oven along with the rest of my cranberry coffee cake. (Seriously I love subscribing to random food blogs, you always find the best recipes!).

I also tackled the pumpkin I bought apple picking a couple of months ago. I do love how squash lasts quite awhile, but it was time to get rid of this gorgeous gourd. I followed simple puree instructions, and while I don't have time to bake or cook any of it before I leave, I'm excited that I will have fresh puree waiting in my freezer later this winter.

Home cookin' really does help beat some of these winter blues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by The Accidental Wisconsinite. Your feedback is welcome, but please be civilized. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

mcarnold's shared items